Friday, February 20, 2009

Why me and my Guide to Home Theater

I have started this site to present my opinions about the Home Theater industry. I have been working as a professional in the home theater, audio, and video market for more than 9 years. My history with movie theaters and my love for them goes back much longer.


I grew up in a movie theater. My father was a projectionist for most of my childhood. I followed in his footsteps and learned from him. I learned the trade to put myself through school. I did a lot of commercial movie theater installations and even had the opportunity to do several test audience research screening for major studios.


The technical side to My Guide to Home Theater is more from learning by doing. I have worked in a few high end Audio stores that sell all kinds of cool audio, video, home automation, and control systems. I have had the benefit of performing several job responsibilities while working a different specialty stores.


I have held several different job titles within the various organizations. I have been a retail sales consultant ( very professional sounding), custom sales consultant, project manager, system designer, installer, warehouse guy, and tech support for when your stuff doesn't work.


Currently, I work with Audio Advice in Raleigh, N.C. I have been a member of this exceptional team for 2 years. The company has roots in the Raleigh market going back more than 30 years. The store is an incredible sight to see and hear. It is easily one of the best in the country and has a lot to offer anyone making a trip to the store.


I have had the pleasure of working with, meeting, and learning from many industry veterans. I have been exposed to different philosophies from around the industry and can appreciate each companies approach to their products.


My hope is to help people understand some basics about audio and video using My Guide to Home Theater as a resource. I hope to appeal to anyone at any level of their audio and video journey. I will try to cover questions I have answered a million times in a store. I hope to help those seeking information about different types of products by knowing what to look and listen for. Many times products or features may benefit one person but not another. Hopefully I will help you understand those differences and know what to ask before making decisions.


Ultimately I look to apply my experience as a professional and my time as an enthusiast to promote good audio and video experiences for anyone that looks into My Guide to Home Theater.

1 comment:

albina N muro said...

Home theater equipment review publication that features av preamp, receiver, speaker, blu-ray player and more reviews. www.forum.audiophile.org